K9s For Warriors is the nation’s largest provider of service dogs to veterans suffering from the invisible wounds of war, such as Post-Traumatic Stress. Our unique, in-house program helps change the lives of American heroes by pairing them with a battle buddy, who was likely a rescue dog, and then teaching him or her to utilize that dog to mitigate the symptoms of their wounds. In order to continue the great work, we are doing, we are in need of an experienced Regional Director-Texas to join our amazing team.
The Regional Director-Texas will coordinate and oversee the K9 intake system (Dog Depot), evaluate potential service animals and identify potential new funding sources. This position provides support to the development office in all areas relating to the research, preparation, and submission of grant proposals to local, state, and federal entities as well as private foundations and corporate organizations.
This is a hybrid position and requires a very unique skill set. Candidates must currently reside in San Antonio, Texas and have strong networking connections with the local community.
- Schedule all full and part time kennel staff
- Communicate with procurement coordinator/kennel manager to resolve issues that occur after main operating hours (evening and weekends)
- Liaise with procurement coordinator/kennel manager set up new dog intakes
- Communicate dog numbers, medical issues, process changes, kennel issues to all kennel staff via daily recap
- Liaise with kennel manager to ensure kennels and yards are functioning properly
- Maintain kennel supply, food and treat inventories and place orders when needed
- Oversee kennel staff (including hiring full and part time kennel assistants)
- Liaise with procurement coordinator when dogs are washed from the program
- Oversee kennel enrichment volunteers (schedule orientations, print daily sign in sheets, maintain volunteer schedule)
- One year’s experience in non-profit fundraising/community engagement capacity or database management
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database--preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Performing any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Maintain good communication with kennel staff and management
- Maintain good working relationships with all kennel and organization employees
- Plans and coordinates all development and community engagement activities
- Develops and grows community relationships with donors, volunteers, community organizations or representatives
- Coordinates with the Development team by; researching funding opportunities, compiling donor information and assisting with grant writing and applications to gain sponsorship and donations and managing volunteers
- Preferred skills are project management, supervisory and business planning
K9s For Warriors provides competitive compensation, and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account, PTO, 401k, and supplemental benefits for self and dependents.
K9s For Warriors is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of K9s For Warriors that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Please click here to apply: